YouTube Shorts are small lengh video clips similar to TikToks and Instagram Reels.
In the world where, Tiktok, Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram are creating havoc, YouTube is beta-testing its Shorts feature to create brief videos directly from the app thereby entering the competition.
Creating Youtube Shorts from Mobile
- Using your smartphone’s camera, you can record videos and upload them immediately. The default length set is 15 seconds and you can extend the video length up to a minute.
- You can also upload the existing video on you mobile. Just click on + icon and select ‘create a short’ and then select the video from gallary by selecting the opton on bottom left corner. Make sure the recorded video is in verticle format to avoid any issues.
Creating Youtube Shorts from Desktop/ Laptops
- Create a video, as you normally do for creating any youtube video, but make sure to keep the length below 1 mintutes or 60 seconds.
- Keep the video recording at verticle angle to avoid any issue regarding visibility.
- While uploading the video, make sure to add #shorts in title and description section of video. Thats it.
The YouTube Shorts feature is now available in more than 100 countries including the India, US . You can find shorts video created by other users by tapping Shorts at the bottom of the YouTube app, on the YouTube homepage, or on other users channel page.
How to earn money using Shorts on Youtube
Youtube has created a $100 million Youtube Shorts Fund, which will be distributed for remainder of 2021 and 2022. It will select thousands of eligible creaters to claim a payment from the fund. Youtube will itself notify creaters who qualify for a bonus payment from the Shorts Fund, every second week of each monthon youtube add.
To be eligible to qualify for payouts from Shorts fund:
- Channel must have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Channel must conform to Yuotube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules and monetization.